Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Spoke too soon

Whoops! So much for the 'sorted the wetting through the night nappy' issue.

Nup. nup nup nuppity nup.

I was woken at 5am this morning, by a little boy who had soaked through all the pyjama layers around his bum. bugger!

I am going to hope it was one nappy, not my whole system that is shot. I will have to see how we do this week. Otherwise I am going to have to start figuring out what cloth nappy covers will work with it, and maybe still have to buy those thin maxi pads to insert for extra absorbency.

And if I have to do that too, I am not bloody paying for Huggies, let me tell you. I could have fixed this problem that way with the cheaper Woollies brand nappies we use for the daytime.

It was funny in one respect though. Actually funny is the wrong word. I changed him, changed his clothes, put him back to bed and he was asking for a train. I went and got it for him and he was fine. I could hear him talking to the train and singing to himself and it was fine - for like 45 minutes. Then he shouted and yelled for the next 15 til the alarm went off.

And I got grumped at by the Wookie for that 15 minutes. I tried to point out that at some point we have to teach him that he has to stay in bed til morning - if I bring him into our bed he a) doesn't go back to sleep* b) it is stressful for me as I am the one who has to deal with him wanting to party in our bed with a sleeping Wookie next to him and c) he will just wake earlier and earlier if we do reward him with a trip to our bed.

I don't like the few mornings where we get the shouting, and I certainly don't like knowing it has woken our neighbour - but I am at a loss what else to do. I could give him a bottle of milk, but I don't know that that will actually get him back to sleep and when I occasionally do use this option for daytime naps it is when he desperately needs sleep (usually to go back to sleep) and I still have to let him grizzle a bit before it works. Not much chance of it being a good option at 5.30 in the morning.

*he does usually go back to sleep for a bit in the mornings. Sometimes for over an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment