| Atti killing time waiting for the bus by collecting trash and putting it in the bin. So proud |
His language skills are astonishing, at least to me. I doubt it is anything medical science would find unique, but his daycare workers are certainly impressed.
He is good with names - and hilariously he has recently noticed that other people call his father, his grandfather and myself (only yesterday) by other names. Everytime 'Rio' calls the Wookie by his name, Atti takes up calling him that for the afternoon. The other day while shopping he combined them, calling Wookie 'Daddy Wookie' the whole time.
His Opa also gets his name as well. And yesterday, for the first time, he called me by my name too. Just the once.
He has a few three word sentenced down pat. The most used one currently is 'oh my goodness' - his Oma taught him that one, complete with a dutch (south african more like) accent.
He has worked out that adults speak in long sentences, but he can't do that. So he currently fills in the gaps with gibberish. Which is kind of funny.
He also sings. Mostly the alphabet song, but also Old Macdonalds farm (by calling out 'eee iii eee iii ooooooo') or row row row.
He has recently taken up backwards walking. He loves to walk backwards around our house or at the park saying 'Look out! Careful Atti, careful. Look out!' He is also getting pretty good at kicking a ball now. Not so great at rolling that same ball up our hallway for bowling, instead wildly chucking it then racing down the hall to push all the bottles over.
He is nuts about any kind of vehicle, but currently Thomas the tank engine trains are the big thing. He just loves them. And he can identify then really well too. He can identify about 20 by name, which astonishes me. And can differentiate between ones that I have to look at the number to work out which one it is.
He is learning to come shopping with me and not run off, he is learning to help me clean the house. He does not like nappies and clothes, and will try to avoid having them force upon him. Except his Thomas jacket - that he will wear, even with the hood up.
And here is the weird thing - and before I say this, No, I don't think he can spell. But tonight, while his grandfather and I were giving him dinner, I called out to the Wook that one of the trains was in the rolled up Ergo in my bag - but I didn't say train. I spelled out D…U….C…K. One of us must have said the word though, because Atti got very excited and ran about shouting 'Duck, duck'. But I know I didn't say Duck, and his grandfather nearly fell off his chair because he thought he just understood the spelling…. Must have been the Wook.
He loves playing chasey with Rio or the other little kids or me, or airplane (where me and the other mums in our mothers group run around on a lawn being aeroplanes and the kids copy us giggling, he loves games with his dad or the other dads in our parents group throwing the kids up in the air, or swinging them up. He loves big squishy hugs, and the best pre-bedtime game is to run between me and his dad, flinging himself into our arms for a hug, then racing off to the other. Lucky for me, Mum tends to get a few extras where he runs around his dad and back to me.
I am pretty much loving 22 months.
He has recently taken up backwards walking. He loves to walk backwards around our house or at the park saying 'Look out! Careful Atti, careful. Look out!' He is also getting pretty good at kicking a ball now. Not so great at rolling that same ball up our hallway for bowling, instead wildly chucking it then racing down the hall to push all the bottles over.
He is nuts about any kind of vehicle, but currently Thomas the tank engine trains are the big thing. He just loves them. And he can identify then really well too. He can identify about 20 by name, which astonishes me. And can differentiate between ones that I have to look at the number to work out which one it is.
He is learning to come shopping with me and not run off, he is learning to help me clean the house. He does not like nappies and clothes, and will try to avoid having them force upon him. Except his Thomas jacket - that he will wear, even with the hood up.
And here is the weird thing - and before I say this, No, I don't think he can spell. But tonight, while his grandfather and I were giving him dinner, I called out to the Wook that one of the trains was in the rolled up Ergo in my bag - but I didn't say train. I spelled out D…U….C…K. One of us must have said the word though, because Atti got very excited and ran about shouting 'Duck, duck'. But I know I didn't say Duck, and his grandfather nearly fell off his chair because he thought he just understood the spelling…. Must have been the Wook.
He loves playing chasey with Rio or the other little kids or me, or airplane (where me and the other mums in our mothers group run around on a lawn being aeroplanes and the kids copy us giggling, he loves games with his dad or the other dads in our parents group throwing the kids up in the air, or swinging them up. He loves big squishy hugs, and the best pre-bedtime game is to run between me and his dad, flinging himself into our arms for a hug, then racing off to the other. Lucky for me, Mum tends to get a few extras where he runs around his dad and back to me.
I am pretty much loving 22 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment