Friday, 22 August 2014

Bath time bonding

Most nights it is the Wookie who does bath time. But recently I felt so tired one night when I was running his bath that I ran it for me, basically and chucked Atti in with me. 

It has been, maybe a year since I had a bath with him. I generally shower with him each morning, and the slow start mornings I will put in the plug, let the bath fill as I shower and will sit for a little bit (and wash him) in the tub with him once I have finished, and wash him. Then let him play in the bath while I dry and dress and then get him out.

But it was so nice and Atti loved me having a bath with so much that I am trying to do it once a week. So we had a bath together last night, and it was so great.

We don't do much (other than stop him tipping cups of water over the side) - tip cups of water over each other, 'wash' the ducks, lots of wet squelchy cuddles, and we are usually visited by the cat while we are in there (totally going to end badly one of these days). But it is such a nice half hour or so, fairly calm and relaxed, for Atti, kind of quiet (quiet isn't really one of his settings, although he claims he will be 'kwy-yet' very often….) and generally a lovely thing to do. 

Definitely planning to keep it up. Next I might look into making some bath crayons for us to draw with.

No comments:

Post a Comment