Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Splish splash

I had a pretty grumpy Atticus this morning - on and off. I have never seen him sit off the side at toddler gym being sad instead of running, jumping, swinging, rolling etc.

He might be a little sick - he had a two hour nap today (unheard of without some swimming and the chlorine involved). He was fine with the grandparents this afternoon, but a bit whiney and cranky again after I got home.

So I ran a bath, and got in it myself. He was tickled pink. It has been ages since I had a bath with him, although we generally have a shower together in the mornings, and on slow start mornings I sometimes put the plug in while we shower and sit in the water for a bit after I have turned the shower off.

But having a bath together was wonderful. We had so much fun. And he was soooo thrilled about it. I must try to do it more regularly.

But, I need to have Wookie on hand for when it ends, because without warning he wanted out. And I was wet and cold and trying to dry him and me and he started asking for milk and …. meh. Prior planning if I am going to do it again. And having the Daddy-Wook on for drying duties is not a bad idea either!

A side note: On Tuesdays I spend the morning with Atti, and often 'Rio' the nearly 5 year old girl who lives upstairs. We go to a toddler gym, or a park or do some activities at home. And then his grandpa shows up after he goes down for a nap, and I head off to my part time job. When I got home today he said "Mama here. Mama work all day". Lovely son. Glad I put all the effort in this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment