Another week went well.
I started a new part time job - getting the experience I will need to have any chance of being hired once I finish my degree, that that is good. Less great is that it is working with domestic violence victims, but that is the job I got, so that is what I am doing.
And of course once I accepted this one, I got two more emails offering me places. Of course.
But it started well enough. Lets see where we are in a month or two.
With this new job my schedule with Atti has changed a little. Mondays I am not home til after he is asleep, Tuesdays and Wednesdays he is with his grandfather for the afternoon, and I come home with his dad. In time to finish dinner and do bath and bed time, but we maybe spend an hour together in the evening. The other four days I basically can spend the whole day with him - but other people like his father and his 'Aunty J' also need some time to bond with him (and at this age there is no bonding happening if anyone else is there) so I don't really spend the whole day with him.
So Fridays are more important than ever. This one went pretty well. We went on a water playdate with a dad and boy from our parents group. That was mostly fun. We came home for lunch and a sleep, then did a quick market shopping trip and met up with the rest of our playgroup at a science experience centre near us. Great place to spend an afternoon with the smalls. They love it. And a quick park visit after, because it closes earlier than we like to finish up on Friday afternoons.
I am pretty close to calling it on Fridays and pulling him out of daycare. I hesitate because I can't see that I have any other time free at home without him underfoot. I am talking to the Wookie about him organising plans for weekend mornings so I can get some things done at home.
It is funny how fast he is growing and learning. He isn't quite two yet, but he is singing the alphabet song in the car if I don't put on a cd. And in the pram. And he is pretty close to right with it. He picks things up so fast now, that if we say it twice, we will probably hear it back at some point. Recently he picked up 'oh my goodness' from his grandmother, complete with european accent. It is hilarious, but whoosh - this is going so fast.
The start of the battle of wills and tantrums I could live without, but there are so many things about this age that are adorable. Especially the hugs and snuggles. My kid isn't a still child, very often, but lately he is all about the hugs. Me and other kids. And the sitting next to me and wrapping his arm around me - tangling his fingers in my hair. So sweet. Pulling my face down to rest agains this. Running over and throwing himself into my arms if another kid is giving me a hug. All so sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment