On Friday morning my neighbour and I took our neighblings to Ikea for breakfast and a few things we needed. Atti had a great time at the restaurant, as we sat near the trash conveyor belt and he was fascinated, and also because we met K and Rio there, and honestly, it was like a rock star had entered the building when he spotted her.
We had a fairly nice breakfast (and I am inspired to try making some cinnamon scrolls) and then onto the shopping part. Rio's mum wanted to look at beds and pick up some pillows and kitchen stuff, I wanted photo frames to frame some shots for the Wook's parents as a belated xmas gift.
We grabbed a trolley and let both kids stand in the body part. Or stand, then sit, then stand, then Atti got very upset because he wanted Rio to sit, but she wanted to stand. Ah, sibs. Meanwhile we got to take turns in steering the SS Small Children away from anything touchable, while the other looked for what she wanted. Win!
Well, until we unwittingly stopped to look at some outdoor furniture and parked the kids next to a bin full of discounted, HUGE stuffed sharks. SHARKS FFS. We live in a place where people are killed by those things a couple of times a year. But there they are, nuzzling an enormous shark each, naming them (Rio anyway. Rosy if you don't mind. Rosy the shark. I guess it could be the colour of the water after she bites you…) and generally acting like all they have ever wanted in this life time is a stuffed shark to cuddle.
Stupidly we thought we could let them ride around snuggling them then put them back before the checkout. Ha ha ha ha HAH. Dopey dopey us. We forgot that we had a 5 year old with us.
Long story short - we haz sharks now. Or 'sharkies' as the smalls shout regularly. Rosy and Fergal (that is me, I am terrible). Fergal, Atti's shark can be differentiated because the second I paid for him Atti started dragging him by his tail through the shop and consequently he is filthy. And he has to join the menagerie in Atti's bed for sleeping, of course. I tried to go in last night and remove him… and Atti promptly woke up, asking what I was doing in his room, and where was his shaaaaaarkie? *mumble grumble put shark back in the cot*.
That having been said, first nap with Fergal was a ripper. Atti hasn't done a three hour nap in a couple of months til then. And he is going on two hours today. So if Fergal helps with the sleeping, I will consider it the best $10 ever spent.
No comments:
Post a Comment