Thursday, 29 January 2015

Get me a tween!

School goes back next week here, and so today I ended up with three 3 kids for the morning, to help out a couple of friends. Also, I kinda love them, and they are, effectively Logan's cousins (no, he has actual cousins, but they live on the other side of the country and never have time to Skype, so in actuality, these are some of the kids who function in that role for him).

Oh and Rio was one of them. So psudo-sibling and two of his psudeo-cousins. 

So I piled up the pram and headed off to Scitech - our version of a science discovery centre here. It is awesome, we are members and go there a lot. But we haven't gone in the school holidays, which seems silly. 

We all had a great time, but that is not the point of this post. It is that it is so fantastic to have a couple of great older kids when you take out little ones. Basically the older kids split up and one went exploring with the 5 year old, and one spent the morning chasing my 2 year old around. It was fantastic! Then they debated and came to an arrangement over who was going to push the pram home. I love it! I have to get me one of these teen/tweens!

Then we came home and they made themselves lunch and amused themselves until it was time for them to go. I mean seriously - this is amazing. My morning was sooooo much easier. 

I wonder how one goes about acquiring a teen for the purposes of slave labour…..

No comments:

Post a Comment