I haven't written about the communal living for a bit. And at the moment it is pretty full on too.
Rio's mum has been offered a job, so I am going to be doing Rio-care 6 days a week until school starts. then for a fortnight I will be doing all the drop offs and pick ups while she does her training course. I am going to have two kids for a couple of weeks. Wow.
After that, uni starts up again and we will be moving into a new routine, where I will out at uni on Mondays and Wednesdays, and Rio's mum will do the drop offs of both kids, and on Monday will pick up both, Tuesdays I will drop Rio off at school and spend the day with Atti, Wednesdays Kay (Rio's mum) will drop off both kids and my Father in Law picks Atti up and they spend the afternoon together, then thursday I am at home so I will do Rio's drop off and spend the day with Atti, then Friday I will drop Atti off at his grandparents and head out to uni. Once my class is finished I will go pick him up and if the traffic isn't horrible, we will get to our playgroup for a couple of hours; Saturdays Rio will spend with us, so I will have to work out a new routine to get her ballet class in and I think Atti is going to start kiddie soccer, and I need to shop and do some cooking.
At the moment we are going to the pool on Sunday mornings with our friends. A couple with two girls, one if 4 and one 18 months. He was recently sent to the middle east with work, indefinitely, and he was the one who did things like swimming lessons with the eldest. She is a bit of a handful and the mum is a bit overwhelmed if you take anything out of her normal routine. So I suggested they come swimming and I would give up my mornings alone and go along, so we would have three adults and three kids and everyone would cope.
So it is a pretty full on schedule these days. I am really going to have to make a plan each day and stick to it, to get everything done this semester - because I am supposed to be full time this semester. This is going to be a challenge! But worth it.
However we are going to be trying our first overnight with Atti at the grandparents at the end of the month, so hopefully that will go well and the Wook and I can start getting a date night a month and a sleep in - a much needed sleep in.
The biggest challenge with the new schedule I think is going to be getting Rio out the door. She is a late starter, and a hella slow starter. I am going to be doing things like making breakfast biscuits and cheddar mite scrolls - stuff that can be eaten in the car - in the hopes of managing the mornings. Because currently, if I have Rio first thing, I don't make plans before at least 10, and I don't make any must-do plans. She really isn't a morning person. And 5 day a week school and early (for her) starts are going to be a challenge.
So that is where we are with our communal living at the moment. Oh, well also, my sister is coming to visit, and I don't have a guest room. But in our set up, it is not a problem, I 'booked the guest suite' - my neighbour's spare room. She will be able to stay there for her visit - which is nice for her because she won't get woken by Atti's early mornings, but sad for me because she won't get woken by Atti's early mornings and get all Aunt-y about it and let me sleep in!

No comments:
Post a Comment