Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Lights, action!

The Grandparents handed back a VERY tired little boy yesterday afternoon - he hadn't had a lot of sleep, had basically run up and down the hallway playing ballgames with his Opa for about 2 solid hours and we had been to the beach that morning before Opa came to get him - so he was really tired and consequently went to bed earlier than normal. And he must have gone out like a light the moment I was out of the room, because I accidentally left my phone in there, and I had a missed call about 10 minutes after he went to bed - and he never made a peep!

But about 9.30 I heard chatter an my name coming from his room. What is THAT about I thought, he is not normally awake at this time. So I went in…. and the bedroom light was on full blaze. Atticus was up, thought it was very funny, and was announcing that he needed to play with his train. Hummmm said I…. maybe one book.

This is interesting, because that light bulb blew about a month ago. No I am not that slack, especially in the holidays. We have a reading lamp in there, which we actually use rather than the room light. It is softer and thus better for bedtime, and it doesn't shine in his eyes when I am changing him. I must have walked in there one day and flipped the switch, realised it was out and not flipped it back, and for whatever reason, last night it came back to life (zombie light bulb????) Much to the delight of my son, who likes nothing better than to get get a bit of reprive from sleep. So we had one story, and then back to bed he went, and slept in. Lovely son, lets have more of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment