Saturday, 3 January 2015

Music…. where did that come from?

I am not musical. I have no real musical ability at all. I don't mind it, but it isn't really a passion. Since having a child I have been a bit sad about that, and take any opportunity when friends who are musical share that with Atti.

So my neighbour likes to play guitar at him, and Rio's mum apparently plays piano and is planning to get a piano or organ and teach the kids (yay). Today we visited my girlfriend and her family, all of whom play instruments and sing. 

This friend is the one I have had for over 20 years who is all but my sister. Her kids are really, more my niece and nephews than the kids who are my actual relatives. I have helped raise them, and so they are practically Atti's cousins. But due to schedules and life, we haven't actually spent as much time together as I would have liked. One of the things I definitely want to do this year is spend more time with them. So today we went over for the afternoon and stayed to dinner. 

One of the best things today? Atti played a heap of instruments. The middlest child got drums a couple of weeks ago, and Atti got to play drums for ages, with various kids. Then he found their piano, and he loves to bash about on a piano, and was joined my my friend. Then the youngest got out recorders and we all had a toot. Then we showed him the accordion. I am kind of glad no one told him the violins made noise though…..


I also loved our group dinner sitting around the lounge room floor. The kids had set up a kids table and chair for Atti, which was fine at the start (I was sitting on the other side). But then he realised the big kids were sitting on the floor eating their dinner, so he had to do that too. The adults were on the couches and his Daddy was sitting on the step (it is a slightly sunken lounge room). The Wook got up for some reason or another and lickety-spit - he was over sitting on the step, eating his dinner. He was so funny about it too. But he ate a fair amount of vegetable curry, and I doubt he would have done that at hom

The other interesting thing today - Atti, who used to tell you when he had a dirty nappy, realised that this lead to the dreaded nappy change, and so has uniformly denied there is anything wrong with any nappy, for months. Today he stood on the step to the lounge room, and said to the assembled group "everyone, I done poo. I need change my nappy"(he hadn't). After I checked he stood on the same step and told everyone that he had an owie nappy, and needed a nappy change. So the Wook put him in a disposable, and that settled him down. He has never made an announcement like that before. Wonder what that is about?

No comments:

Post a Comment