It is always a nice time out there, they aim it at the member's grandkids, so there is a jumping castle and playground and sandpit and a petting zoo. Atti was VERY excited about the petting zoo and this was the first time he really was old enough to actually be allowed to hold some of the animals (with assistance).
He also, much to all of our surprise, went on a pony ride. His Grandmother took him over to see the kids ride on the ponies, and asked if he could go on it. I said I had no problems but that I didn't think he would do it. I watched him line up with her, and get very excited about it all, and I thought that once he was actually supposed to get on the pony, that would be the end of it. I was wrong - he got on, and spent the whole time saying 'I on a horse!' So that was kind of great.
We came home, had nap time, and the house hold had set up for the afternoon party. Three shade shelters have been set up (finally! yay!) and they had set up our little shell pool and the blow up wading pool. When Atti got up he spent the whole afternoon in the pool. Over 2 hours. Ducking his head under water and blowing bubbles. Brilliant!
And I eventually decided I could no longer deal with him slowly turning blue, so I got him out, brought him in and dried him off - and allowed a little tv to settle things down. About then a family turned up to the party with a son the same age as Atti, so he and his big brother came in to our flat and played with cars and trucks and so on. There was lots of lovely sharing going on, so I was pretty pleased with that too.
All in all, it was a lovely day. I was a bit put out about today - Mondays are a work day for me, and of course with the public holiday there was no daycare and no work. But there was a whole community here to play with him and look after him so I could get a few things done, and it is always nice when you realise that spending time with your kid brings pleasure to other people too. Everyone had fun, me included. I might even wander down and watch the fireworks tonight!
Happy Invasion Day people!


No comments:
Post a Comment