Sunday - swimming wasn't so bad. Atti did really well at swimming apparently. And there was less drama getting out the door - but that is because I steamrollered over the Wook and his usual Sunday morning bullshit. I mean really, what the HELL? He gets all worked up about Atti being dressed to go to the pool, when you IMMEDIATELY undress him and put on bathers. Go in his pjs, ffs and make life easy. So that was a bit easier.
Sunday afternoon Atti and I went with friends to a performance of the Gruffalo, done by our symphony orchestra. They ran the movies with the voice track, but played all the music themselves. I was beautiful and glorious. They ran 'The Gruffalo' and "The Gruffalo's Child' back to back.
We were seated across the aisle from the rest of our group, which upset Atti a bit. The first movie, he sat with me and it was lovely watching it together. But when the second started he convinced a little girl from daycare to cross the aisle and share a seat with him, then the two of them had a great time hiding under seats and drumming on the backs of seats and singing along. It was a performance for young kids, so no one was getting too worked up about anything, but I still squashed a bit just based on the 'next time I take you to a theatre you will try this again and nope' idea.
Lovely day.
Today however.... sigh.
It all went fine this morning, and given that we had to leave early because I had a new job that I had to get to, well a trial at least.
But the rest of the day was not great. It is Halloween so he went in costume, but apparently he was spitting at daycare (again) and then he was just so naughty at my friend's house that she said he couldn't go trick or treating with them (which we had planned to do together). I was so sad, because it was going to be such a nice night - there is a part of my suburb that goes all out and it is a lovely community event now. And when Rio and Atti were little we took them (sort of by accident) and it was so much fun. But he had done things that there wasn't any way to back out of it, so there was nothing to do but come home and try and jolly him up - but with no tv to boot. We did set it up for him to knock on our door and say 'trick or treat' to his dad - but still.
I honestly don't know what to do anymore. He is just so wilfully defiant right now, and I can't figure out what to do about it. I can mostly deal with it when it is just him and me, but I have no idea what to tell any of this other carers. And given that he is going to have to change daycares soon and start school next year, I just don't know how to handle it. I might be about to be offered a great job, but it seems to be full time - and I can't imagine how much worse that might make things.
But there you go.
No comments:
Post a Comment