And it was both successful and not-so-much.
So Atti was given tickets to the Monster Jam event here, and a pit party pass too. So this morning I dropped him and the Wook off at 10.30am at the arena, where they went into the incredible looking Pit Party. The plan was initially to go to the Pit Party, and then come home for a rest (sleep) and back to the arena for the event.
But there was a monster truck giving rides, you see. And that looked amazeballs. So the Wook and Atti stood in line for about an hour (still CANNOT believe that) so they could ride the Gravedigger. And they had a bit of a look around after that, but it was past any realistic sleep window. So we decided just to push on through and find some food and they had the iPad for the time before the show.
Wook not being quite as good at managing Atti, he decided against the quiet area the venue set up for, well pretty much this exact thing I would imagine. I think that wasn't the best choice. And the show was really loud. Now we expected this and a) he had on mufflers and b) we deliberately bought tickets up in the gods to try to deal with the noise. But it was all too much, and he fell apart about half way into the show and they left.
But it was still fine. No pix at all with Monster Trucks (I am really sad about this fact), but there is a fab video of Atti's face during the ride in the MT that is just wonderful. And we did get to turn up to a friend's housewarming for an hour or so (and leave pretty loudly and abruptly when our kid couldn't stop kicking stones into their pond. sigh).
But he is dead asleep, and I think he had a brilliant time. I am sad I didn't get a ticket actually, and I will totes be up for it next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment