In other news, we had another fail at getting rid of the dummies. I honestly no longer have the faintest idea how he is ever getting rid of them.
He has popped all but one of the ones left, and I have said very plainly that we will be buying no more, that if he pops this last one that is it.
Anyway yesterday afternoon he announced that he wanted to give his last dummy to the dummy fairies and claim the garage they had promised. I said 'are you sure' and he was. So I took the dummy and claimed I was calling the DFs and brought back the garage.
Which was fine til it got closer to bedtime, and the hysteria grew.
Now some of this is my fault - he has been a bit fragile this week, a little underslept, a little sick, not eating quite right - and he has been a bit rough. It SHOULD have occurred to me that it was a dumb time to try this on.
But, yannow, assignments due and brain not working right.
So he was hysterically sobbing for his dummy, and in the end I couldn't see any way around it. Of course once he had his dummy (and we were in bed), then he started sobbing for his garage.
I honestly have no idea what to do any more. I was sure he would just give it up himself. That was my whole plan - that he would choose to give it up - and I was even fine with the bribing and lying that went with the dummy fairy idea. I didn't actually tell him about it, his friend from daycare told him about it, but I was fine with going with it. But now, I just don't know what to do about it. I think I have to restrict it to in bed, but .... well part of the problem is I don't really have the time to deal with this fight. I will have in December, but right now I can't cope with less sleep or fighting or anything while I am so stressed with exams.
crappy parenting I realise, but this will have to be kicked down the road a bit I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment