Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Saviour

Nanna is heeee-ah. Thank goodness. This mama has sooooo much work to do, and no time to do it. So a couple of days where I can go out to uni (and a couple of weekend days where I can't imagine when I can get anything done) are going to be great. Nanna can step in for Mama - yay!

Apparently he gave her a bit of side-eye when she showed up at daycare to get him today. The staff asked if he was going to go with Nanna and he very decidedly said 'Yes'. They went off to the park and apparently once they were there it was 'Nanna, nanna, nanna!'. Nanna come on. Nanna look. Nanna help me. She was pretty chuffed. I was all 'there are photos up of you everywhere. We Skype with you regularly. We talk about you a lot. We also told him you were coming. Why so surprised?

Nanna also brought books from the Thomas series. And one from the creepy tv show that I don't like to admit my kid watches. Ah well. At least it is books, right? Could have been stuffed toys. Or more clothes - actually they came too. And a Thomas bag. Good actually because I need another bag for him. I want to have a series of bags packed at the door; daycare bag, a backpack that replaces the nappy bag, a swim bag and an 'out with other carers' bag. So that I can pre-plan and pack and not have to be remembering everything the morning we are heading out. Especially if he is switching to spending a whole day with Oma and Opa from now on.

I find I am a bit touchy about my parenting and cleaning and so on with my mum here. I don't have much time at the moment, so I am a bit more crap than normal I admit, but I am feeling the pressure. Considering that she had three kids and worked full time, our house wasn't particularly tidy or clean, but she sure can bring the judgy-judgy about it.






No comments:

Post a Comment