Friday, 24 October 2014

Disaster concert

So I took Atti to his first concert today - disaster!

First, we were supposed to go with Rio and her mum, and they had to cancel last minute. I think it might have worked better if she was sitting with him.

The train ride out there was fun though - he loved that.

But the concert….hmm. He was alright through the first 2/3rds, but he was sitting on me for pretty much all of it. When they started a lot of little kids burst into tears, and so there were a bunch of mums  outside in the hall, basically missing the concert. Mine didn't cry til the last third.
The (apparently) terrifying gekko
Not sure what set him off, but we had on/off tears - but then I really made it worse by asking if he wanted a biscuit (yep) and leaving him on the cushion by himself while I wandered off to get them. I did explain I would just be a minute - but he was in absolute floods inside a minute, and he didn't really get right until we left. He was actually asking to go home, poor sausage.

Train ride home was not as much fun, as it was too crowded to let him out of his pram - he got to run about the carriage on the way up there. We did stop at a park on the way home, but it was pretty quickly over as he made a run for the (very busy) road that borders one side of the park. I only just got to him less than a meter from the edge of the road. 

So we went home to bed. And when he woke up from his nap, Nanna got him up but he was sobbing for Mama for ages, so I gave up trying to work and had to head out and let him snuggle on me for a half hour or so. Then he was fine to head off to the park with Nanna. Who he apparently made climb up and slide down the slide after him (so he could be 'bumped' off the bottom of the slide) for about an hour. (sucker! Mama doesn't do that).

Nice dinner with Rio, and bath and story time. Happily-ish went off to bed. Now if he could just sleep in tomorrow……

My child, who cannot do the slide the normal way

No comments:

Post a Comment