So, what, two months ago (?) we changed a bunch of things up and Atti's behaviour improved and we were all much happier. Brilliant.
But then, about two weeks ago it all went to caca. And I'm not sure why. Atti is hard-core hard work at the moment. He is full-on, all the time. If awake, is at full speed, ignoring anything anyone is saying to him unless they are shouting it. Calling people names (he isn't the only kid doing that, I noticed today that 'poo-poo' was his friend's favourite colour, and that the other boys at daycare are calling people popoffs too. But it is not much fun around here. Atti and the Wook are back to being at constant loggerheads, and I am not handling it all well either. And the rewards chart has fallen in a hole this week, he has earned basically none and will not be getting a reward this week.
So, what the hell to do?
Some of it is I think we have stopped doing the nights right - the plan was for there to be tv from 5.30-6, then for Atti and Wook to go outside and do something, then Atti and I or Wook would make dinner togther and then we would all sit down to eat. After dinner we would do some slower, brain-based activity and then bath, bed, books etc. Lots of that doesn't run that smoothly at the moment. I have been really tired and we have both been a bit more interested in our own stuff. So Atti is getting more tv again, and less attention. So that has to change.
And I have to change how I am talking to him. Back to the getting down to his level and putting my hand on him when I need his attention.
I think I also need to clear out some of the toys around here. I genuinely think there is too much stuff around.
I have been looking at our added sugar intake, and trying to reduce that too, so I don't think that is the problem. Sleep might be, but to be honest, I don't think he has been getting any less sleep than before. But we could look at bringing bedtime forward again. The downside of that is the earlier wake up time...and I suspect Atti and the Wook NOT spending more time together in the morning is a good idea.
So, it is back to me having to get things organised.
No comments:
Post a Comment