Saturday, 11 June 2016

Circus

We had such a great circus class this morning, Atti did SO WELL waiting his turn. He has gotten better about waiting, but he isn't good at waiting in line, he stands next to someone or wanders away to look at something then tries to come back - and so he would wait his turn for things but then not get his turn - and he would get so upset. It was a bit heartbreaking actually, because he finds waiting so hard, and he was doing it so well. But he got lots of positive feedback about it and he also got an extra star on his behaviour chart.

But the very sad news is his circus teacher is leaving the class. She has a new job, and while she will be able to teach a couple of classes in the week, they aren't ones we can get to. I am so sad about it, Atti loves Isobel, and she is a really wonderful teacher - so good with all the kids, and especially Atti. I don't know if we will continue with the class, it will depend on who is teaching I guess. Certainly I suspect if we do go along, I will have to be much more involved with the class than I have been, and while that is fine, I actually want him to be able to do a class with a teacher without me having to be so involved.

In other news, Atti earned his first toy with the rewards chart system. He had something like 48 stars for the week, and so we made a trip to the toy store, and he is the (very) proud owner of 'Blaze'. There was a pretty crappy selection of toys from this show, as it isn't terribly popular in Oz, so I bought the other two characters that they had in the shop, and ordered the other three off the internet tonight. Overkill I guess, but he is very keen to collect the set, and I can use this to my advantage in terms of his behaviour charts. 

Also we have received all the toys we for our latest foray into the 'dummy fairy'. They will be sending Atti a catalogue soon of toys he can trade in his dummies for. I guess I should wait until the Blaze collection and the star charts are done before the dummy fairy makes her next move - beside he really isn't ready to give up his dummies yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment