Monday, 13 April 2015

The best laid plans... sigh

So with my many many layers of community I have put around myself and my child I should NEVER be stuck for a bit of childcare.

Ha ha hahahahahaha I say!

It has happened. Neighbour-who-is-basically-another-parent is away on holiday, Other-friend-who-is-a-substitute-parent has just had a baby and is not yet unto handling a newborn and a toddler, and father-out-law has to go into hospital today for a couple of days. Mother-out-law is not really capable of looking after him for any real period alone (and we aren't keen on her driving him). Wookie had last week off work, so no emergency day off (not that they would ever let him anyway). So I am a bit stuffed this week.

Which is unfortunate because I am behind in my study and I was supposed to train for a new part of my job this week. I have arranged to do it Friday afternoon instead - but this will make me late to pick up Atti from daycare.

The real problem is tomorrow, when I am at prac. At a clinic that is an hour and a half away from the daycare. So he is going to be chucked in the door as soon as they open and I will be running for the train (because of course I have an early appointment booked for tomorrow) and I won't be able to get back before closing time. It is not a brilliant situation, he will be in daycare for 10 hours. The Wook has asked if he can leave early, and I have asked the Mother-out-law if she could pick him up and bring him home and give him dinner. 

Wook won't be allowed to leave early - anytime we have had this kind of situation and he has asked his boss has said no. And if Mother-out-law does it, it means I have to clean my house from top-to-toe because she is a person who will go through all our stuff. Sigh.

And because I had to move the training session to Friday, I will be late picking him up then too. We are going to have a bumpy week I think. 

But at least we can spend a bit of time together today and do some shopping and do some cleaning. So that is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment