Friday, 17 April 2015

Experimenting with beds

We have Rio sleeping here tonight, as we normally do one or two nights a week. Her mum works nights, so she goes to sleep here and when Neighbour K gets home she just carries her asleep upstairs to her bed. Works well for everyone.

Tonight I tried putting the two kids to bed in my bed. I gave them a half an hour to fall asleep and/or three appearances out of the bedroom. Also, we said we were turning off all screens so we would hear them if they talked.

I know, designed to fail. But there was a method in my madness. The Wook has been making noises about taking the sides off Atti's cot. And I have been all 'sure, but do you realise what happens when we do that?'.

So I was kind of making a point. But also starting the process. 

It went about how you would expect. Within 5 minutes Atti was in the lounge room. Sent out by Rio apparently, to get water for them. Three more appearances within 20 minutes and Atti was back in his own bed. Pleading from both smalls for 'one more chance' did not move us.

But I did say next time Rio sleeps here they could have another go. And they can.... and that will fail too. But we will edge a little closer each time I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment