Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Banging my head against a wall

Whyyyyyy to grandparents make you so crazy?

The Outlaws just took Atti for his second overnight - and I got most of 24 hours to myself, which was glorious.

And then Atti came home with the two new pairs of shoes that they took him shopping for. Now we had a discussion a while back about this, they were going to buy him some shoes for winter.

Which they did. Lovely, expensive shoes.

That are a size too big.

FFS.

So now what do I do? She is sure to ring me tonight and gush about him (you know, he was sooooo great here with us, with none of those tantrums he throws when you are around kind of thing) and ask me about the shoe. Do I say something and they get all pissy with me? Or just put them away til they fit (it will be summer I imagine, and they will be too hot for him to wear then). I know they did it deliberately because they told the Wook he needs to wear thick socks with them. So that he can 'get more wear out of them'.

Sigh.

Why do they do this kind of stuff? Is it that hard to get that wearing shoes that fit properly is important? Especially on developing feet? They have money, this isn't a case of the only shoes they could afford. Also, you can buy less expensive shoes - they have gone to the most expensive kids shoes shop around to buy these. 

This stuff just makes me crazy. And I need to get it out before the phone rings. Because I am going to need to be very diplomatic and non-shouty.

No comments:

Post a Comment