It was wonderful.
Not NOT a hassle mind you, to take a 2 year old and a 5 year old and all the kit (food, nappy bags, pram, camera, toys etc) into town in morning peak, plus at least 100,000 extras to be there for the event we went for. Also, it's hot. And the two year old sure wasn't going to sit quietly on Daddy's shoulders for 45 minutes while it started. Or really get it.
Also, they close the streets because they (today only she) walk the streets, literally. So the public transport we were trying to use to get home wasn't happening, because all the buses were blockaded on the other side of the street closures. So I got to push 35 kilos of kid home.
And Atti slept in the pram, but not in the cot. No sleep today. Arghhhh!
But. It was so wonderful. Incredible. It actually lives up to the hype. I got utterly soaked from the passing float, and I didn't care less. It was that great.
Rio was hilarious about the whole thing. Basically adults keep telling her that all her fairy/elf/nymph/witch etc books aren't true. But today she saw a giant, right there in front of her. So if that is real…. Now she is never going to believe anything we ever say again I guess.
Atti - well Atti can't stop telling people about "the little girl giant who's truck squirted Mummy". So I guess he is a fan too!
Also, amusingly for me, the little girl giant shut down justice in this town, briefly at least. As in, I noticed the balcony's were full of people watching the parade at the courts. I texted a friend who is an associate and he confirmed that they were all pretty much outside watching or on the balconies. Justice waits for no man…. except a fabulous puppet show!


No comments:
Post a Comment