Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Kid's sleep

Atti was having a good nap the other day. Long enough that I had gotten everything done that I needed to, and was able to curl up with a book. And my eyes started to close, my head tip back and get heavy. And as this was happening I was thinking 'well this will definitely wake him up'.

And a few minutes later, just as I had gone far enough down to sleep that waking is like having your head slammed against something, it did.

I am wondering what is going on. How is my kid so attuned to my sleep? If I had gone to sleep at the start of his nap, no problem. On the nights I get to bed early, he will invariably sleep in, sometimes an hour past his normal wake up time. 

But on the nights I don't get to sleep…. guaranteed 5am wake up.

WHAT is going on?

He sleeps in a different room, there is nothing to indicate when I am sleeping. It is just that universe bastardry thing right? Not my particular kid torturing me. Right? That afternoon when I got like 3 minutes sleep was hard work, I was really dragging because of that almost nap. 

Surely I am not the only one who's kid's sleep seems to be directly related to mine.

Although, I could take this as gospel (rather than the arrant nonsense it actually is) and decided that I need to get more sleep … for Atti's sake. To help him sleep.

Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment