Atti's latest saying is 'it's hard work'. And it has been hard work over here.
We have both been sick, and I have far too much work on at the moment. And my kid has been a bit trying too. Last week we had a moment that was the first time in his nearly two years where I wanted to hit him. It was momentary, and I didn't do it, but I did have a moment of actually wanting to hit him.
I choose not to physically discipline my child, or at least not to hit him. Considering how often I physically stop him doing something, or pick him up and take him away from something, or just how I will dress him or change a nappy or put him down in bed against his will, I guess I can only really go with not hitting.
We have both been sick, and I have far too much work on at the moment. And my kid has been a bit trying too. Last week we had a moment that was the first time in his nearly two years where I wanted to hit him. It was momentary, and I didn't do it, but I did have a moment of actually wanting to hit him.
I choose not to physically discipline my child, or at least not to hit him. Considering how often I physically stop him doing something, or pick him up and take him away from something, or just how I will dress him or change a nappy or put him down in bed against his will, I guess I can only really go with not hitting.
I made this choice for a bunch of reasons. I don't necessarily disagree with others who choose to do it, but I think I there are a range of other options, and I prefer to utilise those. Anyway, that is not what this post is about.
It is just a bit rough sometimes. I am going through a rough patch. I am going to hand in a crappy assignment, probably a bit late. My volunteer work isn't going well. I am tired and cranky with all the people I live with. My camera is broken and needs mending. Just lots of this kind of stuff, that is making it hard to be happy. Also, I really can't shake this cough and sniffles.
But anyway, 'it's hard work' this parenting gig.
Mind you, he is also saying 'it's funny' - usually when he does something he knows he is not allowed to do. Throw a toy at the cat 'it's funny'. Chuck his drink bottle on the floor - 'it's funny'. You get the picture.
And then there is this
| Playing at the park with his friend J. |
That makes so much of it better. Also, he is sleeping through again, which makes everything better!
No comments:
Post a Comment