Monday, 15 September 2014

Sickness

It is always the week you are rushed off your feet right? It isn't you that gets sick - you can dose yourself up and keep on truckin…. but your baby gets sick.

Dammit, dammit dammit - Atti is lying in bed tonight, very hot and coughing. He has come down with Rio's flu, a full two weeks after she came down with it - I thought we had missed it.

And of course, this is week is crazy (actually the next month to 6 weeks are going to be crazy, but lets not think about that yet). I have Atti booked into extra daycare this week because of all the work I have on this week, so there is no way I can stay home with my sick baby. Thankfully Opa is going to be able to handle some of it, so it looks like we will be able to get through the week if he is sick.

When Atti is sick, all he wants to do is lie on me, or on the couch, watch tv and sleep, and drink milk. Maybe eat some fruit. Thankfully he is willing to do these things with Opa too, if I am not available. So we can stay home and be quiet tomorrow morning, Opa will take him tomorrow afternoon, and is on standby for Wednesday and Thursday (when I have already promised to work). Then I can be back on for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I don't want to think about the idea that he will still be sick next week - that would blow my head clear off my shoulders. I have to research and write a law reform commission submission and do some work on my research paper, as well as keep doing the paid research work and my volunteer work, and, you know my actual study and exam prep. Plus the usual cooking, cleaning, laundry etc. At least if he is sick we can ditch anything outside of the house. So I won't have to do any of that.

But oh my poor bay-bee. So not well.

Although, curled up in my arms tonight falling asleep, hot as all get out, singing along (or ahead for some of it) with the rainbow song. He actually knows the words to quite a bit of that song you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment