Monday, 1 September 2014

Loving story time right now

Lately I have been letting Atticus choose his bedtime stories from amongst a selection of books. He has four books that he mostly alternates between at the moment.

Tonight he chose one my mum gave him, 'It's time for bed' and 'Where is the green sheep?' both by Mem Fox. Green sheep was given to him by his cousins with a sheep toy, which he cuddles all through reading the book.

He has also taken to sitting on my footstool, facing me, rather than sitting in my lap. This is good in that  I can sign as I read - it is kind of pointless when he is in my lap. 

So tonight was utterly delightful - I got out of uni very early, so I was home for bath time and bed time. Since Atti still has bit of paint from the weekend (as do I somehow) I decided that it would be a mummy-son bath tonight. Then Daddy took him off from the bath, dried him and dressed him and I swanned in, in time for stories. 

Now if only he will sleep past 4.30 in the @$&^&^&%%#@#@$#@ morning, life will be sweeeet!

No comments:

Post a Comment