I have exams this week and I am behind in my politics unit and beyond stressed. My neighbour is away so the Wook has been sleeping at his flat for security, to give his cat someone to snuggle and to give me a couple of weeks of silent nights (note I am not saying uninterrupted sleep. But silence in my bedroom if I am awake in the middle of the night is lovely.
Last night when Atti woke up in the middle of the night I decided to take advantage of the empty bed and brought him into my bed. First time we have co-slept since he was about 8 months old. It was absolutely glorious.... for about 15 minutes. We were lying back to back and he was warm and snuggly and it was lovely, and then he started to toss and turn and flay arms around and so on. Ah co-sleeping fantasy versus co-sleeping reality.
But still, it was actually lovely. When he lost his dummy and started to wake up and cry, it was all over in seconds, because I was right there. Not that he had to cry for a few minutes til I woke and got in there, then found a dummy and so on. So that bit was nice. And I have no idea what time he woke up because damned if I was going to turn on any device with him in the room.
It was good for me too actually. I was having a bout of insomnia when he woke up, and lying in the dark without my phone turned on meant I got to sleep earlier than I likely would have otherwise. So great for us both. And good practice for the idea of going on holiday at the end of the year too - where some of the time we would need to co-sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment