So the other day I wore a pair of cargo shorts and when I tried to sit down with Atti for breakfast he was horrified. "Mummy, noooooo. Those are Daddy's pants!" Freakin hilarious.
We have been making plans for the summer break, with me spending a lot more time with both Atti and Rio over the next couple of months. It is both exciting and … well I intend to plan well for the time or it won't end well. But it will be interesting.
Rio's mum and I have been having lots of chats about next year and how we are going to integrate our neighblings and families and our work/life balance next year. It is looking like a pretty exciting year is coming actually.
So what else is going on? Well, we have lots of xmas excitement happening here. Making decorations, decorating trees, shopping trips and presents and parcels arriving - the kids are getting pretty revved up about the whole thing.
I have been having a pretty sweet run the last few days. One friend who is moving to the other side of the country (sob, another one) is obviously sorting out what is going and what she is getting rid of, and she turned up with a book that was an old favourite of her daughter, and a beautiful china trio for me. Awesome!
Then I got some unexpected funds - yay. And then a psudeo-award from my uni. And an HD for my unit this semester. A great chat with a lecturer and my contract with the department at uni I have been doing casual work for was extended. All of which was very nice.
On the other hand my neighbour was burgled last night, and in a dead weird way too. I didn't hear a thing, which makes me a bit uncomfortable, as generally we hear each other around here. Everyone but me and upstairs-not-above's flatmate was out at a quiz night, and I spend the night cooking, making jam, sorting out the advent calendar and wrapping gifts. All over my flat, not sitting watching TV where I would have heard the guy.
Also, pretty cheerful that I didn't decide to go next door and try to get the vacuum cleaner or hang the laundry - both of which I was going to do, and both of which might have brought me into contact with the dude.
And while this was all weird of him - not much was actually taken, and…. and this is awful of me, I know - but in the hunt around the flat after he got home, we actually found the bloody missing train of Atti's.
See - my luck is kinda in!
No comments:
Post a Comment