I had both kids at my place the other day, and Atti announced that he 'wanted to go home'. I was a bit startled - he has been saying this A LOT lately, everywhere we go, but it was a bit… well weird given that he was home.
The startled feeling remained when Rio told him 'We ARE home Atti' - well one of you is…. and then he announced that he wanted to home and 'talk to Kira' (Rio's mum who lives upstairs). He stomped upstairs and I had to follow him up because I knew Kira was in the shower.
I was chatting to her later, telling her about this, and saying that I simply could not cope with the re-organisation that would be involved in swapping our kids!
Turns out it might have a bit to do with the present cupboard she maintains upstairs. She goes on big buy ups when there are kids toy sale of the particular small plastic and irritating toys Rio likes to collect. They live in the cupboard above the hallway, and Rio earns them in various ways. She and I recently went halves in a huge stash of the toys and figurines that come with a tv show both our kids like, and she has been allowing them to borrow toys from the cupboard for harmony in playdates. I did something similar when one of Atti's friends came over for a playdate the other day. Atti doesn't really know we have a similar present stash, so he has decided to move upstairs where the good toys are.
Well until he gets an owie. Then I notice it is home to Mummy quick-smart!
No comments:
Post a Comment