It was good timing for a couple of reasons, one of them being that Atti's daycare had a Father's Day party on this afternoon and the two of them could go along. Because the party started earlier than he gets up from his nap, we pretty much decided to skip it today. But Wook didn't think about that, and was driving around running errands with the two of them in the car afterwards aaaand, Atti crashed out in the car. Hard. He had to bring him home and he slept like 4-5 (I wasn't willing to let him sleep any later than that).
But I digress. Anyway, its been a weird day for lots of reasons, and we decided that take away was find for dinner tonight, and the Wook went out to get some burgers. Atti was watching 'Wallykazam' and didn't seem to notice. But 5 minutes later he noticed, and he became completely hysterical. I have never seen anything like it (with him). He was absolutely sobbing for his Daaaaaad-deeeeee and no amount of saying that he had just gone to the shop and would be back really soon would calm him. He was so distressed, it was really odd. At one point he was lying across me with his hands outstretched, like the Wook was standing in front of him, and when I tried to take his hands he snatched them away.
It went for nearly half an hour, til Wook got home. And, actually it didn't stop then. He was still sobbing about anything else for about another half an hour, until we got some food in him (protein fixes oh so many things).
It was bizarre on so many levels - firstly because his bond with his Dad is just not that strong, because he was sobbing at one point about how he can't stand it when daddy goes to the shops (I said I would go from now on, but apparently that is no better. No one can go to the shops), because he has never been that distressed about, well anything before. It was weird for me too - firstly because I couldn't calm him and that has never happened, but I have just finished this mediation training and one of the things they talked about was how most people aren't ok with upset - we always try to stop people crying. So after the initial feeling I just kind of decided to let it run. Since he wasn't going to be distracted or soothed, I figured I'd just be with him, holding him while he.... well honestly, it was like he was grieving. And given that he was convinced Daddy was never coming back, I suppose it was.
It all kicked of about a quarter past five, and was all over and he was back to his normal self by 6, but it was very weird. I actually gave him a serve of neurofen when his Dad was trying to settle him back down, and it doesn't seem to have hurt the situation.
So there you go. Weirdest thing he has done yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment