So I went off to the shops yesterday and bought jenga and snakes and ladders. And tonight I tried introducing them to Atti. He a)apparently has no inherent engineering ability (very fast those games of jenga) and b) he is still a terrible loser. We weren't even far into the snakes and ladders game before he decided he was losing and dummy spat.
It will be good actually, because he has to wait while I build the tower to play jenga and he needs all the opportunities he can to practice waiting. Snakes and ladders will come in time - it is going to be a long game though, looking at our very full of both snakes and ladders board.
But the worst thing was that I wasn't feeling too well, and so when the Wook finally got home from work, I left the two of them playing jenga and went off to bed. Not even 5 minutes later and Atti was sobbing on my lap. I should have realised that the Wook would make it miserable for him and it would all go pear-shaped. So, another thing that it will just have to be me.
I will eventually learn that the Wook is not actually any help with him, and stop trying, right? At some point, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment