Friday, 15 April 2016

me so angry

Today is one of those days you just have to push through I guess. Without snapping and killing anyone I mean.

I had offered to take a friend's son to the performance that our son's circus school was putting on today. When I offered I did say that I could switch cars with my neighbour and take their 2 year old daughter too, but that I didn't think she would come with me, and they agreed. So I kind of forgot I offered.

But this morning they rang asking if I could take her too - she wanted to go and they were feeling unwell and so I said yes. Bit of re-organisation and I figured what the hell, there would be four adults to look after three kids.

Ho ho ho. As if the day would go that smoothly.

First part went mostly ok. The Out-laws showed up and got a big table in the cafe. Atti wanted to show the other kids the train station so we went for a walk down there. Came back, got all the kids seated and ordered some drinks and a muffin. Our friend's kids are incredibly picky eaters, so I didn't expect them to eat much. A few bites, about 10 minutes of sitting and they were all done. So I took them out to the playground and there was a table open next to the play area.

This is where things went wonky. I asked the Wook and the Outlaws to move out to the table. This was apparently the equivalent to asking them to get ebola. Nope, no chance no. In fact, they were of the opinion I should drag all the kids back to the table and make them eat. I was like, um no. That would be crazy. We will get them some sausages when the show is over.

And just like that it was a disaster. Look, I was being an utterly stroppy cow - I was fairly stressed dealing with three kids and the other adults were being more painful than helpful. I had a mountain of bags and we were bumping everyone pretty much repeatedly. So I probably did take it out on the Wook. But seriously, man up and take a hit for the team occasionally, you know?

They left me there. With three kids, 4, 3 and 2, to use public transport to get home, to cope with a hugely crowded show, and no spare adult to wait in line for food or refill drinks or take one kid off of the loo. It was, really hard. And I had none of the stuff I would have if I had intended to take kids by myself, pram, prepared food, a car with three carseats etc.

And now he is acting like it is all fine. Like nothing happened. So the plan for the afternoon is to NOT stab him, and to keep it together until I can return the kids to my lovely if hungover friends. without ringing everyone I know and telling them what happened and starting divorce proceedings.

And there is no chocolate left.

le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment