3.5 has been a bit rough. I had been told, and seen with friend's kids that it is kinda peak arse-holery (at least until teenage years) - although I have also been told that this is true for boys, girls threenage year is 4.
But it is also getting interesting. Today we went to the pool for Atti's swimming lesson and we meet up with some friends after for a pool playdate. Then we have a snack and head out to the park before heading home for nap time. Atti (and all kids who ever come into his orbit) particularly likes one of the dads in our parents group, and he and his son come to the pool most weeks.
Today as we were walking from the park across the carpark to head home, Atti said that it had been 'so nice' seeing his friend J today. And then he said 'I wish I could be J and J could be Atticus'. I was a bit startled and asked 'why is that' (thinking that the answer would be about his Dad, to be honest) and, since he is three and is crap at answering 'why' questions, he said 'because I love J so much'.
And then, as we got to our car he said 'I'm back to being Atticus now'. And didn't talk about them again on the way home.
Hilarious, but also pretty interesting. Being another person instead of yourself? That's a kind of cool thought experiment son.
But, for the love of my sanity, please stop fighting with your father about EVERYTHING.
No comments:
Post a Comment