Thursday, 26 November 2015

Bumps and scrapes

Atti takes after my side of the family in lots of ways, and the energy and physical abilities is definitely one. He climbs everything, is relatively fearless, wants to go faster and WIN everything. And I am a bit of a stand back and let him learn by falling kind of mum.

But it doesn't always go as planned.

He is always covered in bumps and bruises and scrapes - but every now and again I get startled by them. And yesterday was one of those days - he fell out of a fire engine.

I was standing near the door to the front cab, where the three boys were, facing the other two mums talking, when the door to the back cab opened and he fell out, pretty much head first. He had climbed over and somehow opened the door.

He was fine - upset but fine. But it threw me. I'm not sure what to do - hover more? It's really not in my nature. Be clearer about the rules? I mean he shouldn't have climbed over, and maybe that should have been spelled out. Wear padding and a helmet? It's not the worst idea....

A while back he took a pretty dramatic tumble down a kind of hill of rocks at an adventure park. He had raced off and climbed up while I was helping his little friend get down from something, and he was wearing gumboots, which were not ideal for climbing. I suppose I should be grateful that at least this time he didn't cry about how he wasn't 'the best' anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment