So Friday afternoon daycare sent home a toilet training book. Hmmmm, subtle much? Apparently Atti has stopped using the toilet there. When they do nappy changes they offer to let him sit on the toilet and he says 'no thank you'.
To which, my awesome neighbour/sister-wife, when told this on collect him Fridays said 'yeah, that's free will'.
She also dobbed me in about the smarties and bribery-cum-toilet-training we have been doing here. So today I had to take some smarties to daycare, and had a chat to Atti about how he needs to do wees in the toilet at daycare too now.
So, we shall see. Our very half-arsed training technique is coming along nicely here - most morning or nights we get a pretty quick wee in the potty, and then he gets into the bath or shower. This morning he re-discovered the set of cars his Nanna gave him when he was about 8 months old, and he sat on the potty for ages driving them around the bathroom stool. Which was fine by me, gives me time to shower in relative peace.
I do need to find some time to go buy underpants though - the book daycare sent us is all about big boys who wear underpants and use the toilet - and are you a big boy too - it is very popular here, and he wants us to read it to him over and over. I figure I probably need to get some underpants for him to have to figure out if he wants to use them.
But here is the thing - we live in a flat. A carpeted flat. Carpet everywhere but the kitchen and bathroom. I am NOT madly keen on accidents all over my carpets, because I seriously don't have the time to be washing carpets. So I am hesitant to go with this underpants thing.
I wonder if daycare would like underpants for the days he is up there.... LOL. I really should ask.....
No comments:
Post a Comment