Sunday, 27 July 2014

So, I started a blog. Like a thousand thousand other mums I guess. And apparently at the arse end of blogging as a cool thing to do, to boot!

But that's ok, because I am only doing this for myself. See I am taking 6 months (mostly) off studying, and I am going to use this to try to keep myself from spending all my time watching tv and eating crap. I aim to blog a little every day, or at least a couple of times a week to keep myself honest.

I am fed up with juggling studying, a toddler, a household, budget, and the bits of my life I want to hold on to. My house is in chaos, we are eating waaaay too much junk food, I don't spend enough time with my kid, and I never get any exercise. The wheels have kind of fallen off. Along with my grades.

So, I have convinced myself, the Wookie, and assorted friends and family that I am going to drop down to one unit, and spend some time getting the other bits of my life sorted. And hopefully find some volunteer work in law - because I am not getting a job any time soon without some experience, especially at my age.

The plan is to get the house decluttered and organised, get myself into good routines with exercise and food and all manner of other things, start doing some fun things with the sprog - but also just to do some normal things with him. We do lots of activities together, but we don't spend time at home where he sees me do things like clean and cook. When I do anything like that, it is usually with him parked in front of the tv. So I want to do activities like all those bloggers I like, but also he should see and be involved in normal round the house stuff too.

I am going to try to introduce one or two things a week, and this is by way of keeping track of it all. I don't know how honest it is given that I have no readers, so I guess it will depend on when I start telling people about the blog. I know when I set up live journal I didn't tell anyone for 6 months, and only then because I accidentally mentioned it! We shall see.

I haven't decided about photos of my kid yet. I am tempted, because I think he is cute and I have become a fairly decent amateur photographer in the last two years - but I wonder given the split about blogs and photos of kids. Will decide later I guess.

That must be enough for a first post surely! Lets see if I manage to make it to class this afternoon as my first goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment