Nothing classier than pretending you are not home when you hear your neighbour bring your kid home! But he does need to get used to Monday afternoons being with neighbour K and her daughter 'Rio'. They apparently had a fabulous time and Atti was introduced to bread and butter pudding. K is a very health conscious cook and so she is sugar free and the kids get good food with her, but with no sugars. He loves her rice pudding and apparently her bread and butter pudding too ( I don't know how to make either).
I think it all went a bit pear-shaped for me today when I came back home after dropping him at daycare. I think I will have to plan on Mondays to head straight out to uni after dropping him off. We can still have a slower morning - I will have all day to do my work on my unit - but if I come home I get sucked into home stuff and end up falling asleep early in the afternoon and not getting to class.
The very good news today is that I have an interview on Thursday with a CLC. I am really excited about it, but going to hold off on telling everyone til I actually have something concrete. But fingers crossed. And even better if I don't have to work on Friday so I can go ahead with my plan to spend Fridays with Atti.
The other thing that was good was that since I was hiding in my room anyway, I got to listen to Atti and the Wookie spend an hour together without me, doing bath and bedtime. It went swimmingly and everyone was happy. When I try to hole up in my room on weekends it doesn't always go that well, so it was a bit of relief to hear everyone have happy time on Monday nights. As it will be for the whole semester now.
So today - not much in the way of gold stars. Housework - one load of laundry; Kitchen - nothing, in fact have sent Wook out for junk; Study - not much; general life organisation - not much; career - maybe something.
Must do better tomorrow. The plan is to take two kidlets to toddler gym, stopping at the shop on the way (cat fud, must get some), get boy kidlet down for a nap, give girl kidlet back to her parent, then hand boy kidlet over to grandparents for the afternoon. Then I will make various kiddy food and something for us adults. Maybe tackle the dining table? Actually no. I will wheel a bin up to the door and go through the fridge and cupboards and freezer. The problem with having lots of space in these is that I fill them up…. and never know what is in there or when it will go off. That is tomorrow's task.
No comments:
Post a Comment